NUGGETS WILDLIFE TRAIL
9am-12pm 2pm-5pm (daily)
NUGGETS WILDLIFE TRAIL INFORMATION
We set a leisurely course along the coastline, viewing the rocky islets that give you a sense of scale only achievable by kayak. Your experienced guide will seek out the rare and endangered wildlife that inhabit this area. You’ll watch the steady activity of the fur seal colony as they play between the water and rocky shore. You’ll marvel at the albatross if it comes in close and we’ll scan the sky for the vast number of sea birds flying above. The sea lion may roar below us, a dolphin porpoise past or a blue penguin dart by. From the wave eroded rocks referred to as ‘The Nuggets’, we’ll see the envious visitors high above at The Nugget Point Lighthouse before we journey back to our historical launching bay. Trail time is a three-hour experience
- All necessary kayaking equipment.
- Paddle jacket
- Spray skirt
- Wear warm, lightweight clothing according to the conditions on the day.
- Water bottle.
- Waterproof camera if you have one.
- Comfortable footwear.
- 5-14 year olds must share a kayak with a capable adult.
- The ability to swim is required.
- Maximum weight limit is 120kg.
- Three Hours including a short safety brief
- This tour operates 9-12pm and 2-5pm daily.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your departure time
- Year round