FIRST LIGHT TRAIL
Depart between 5-7am* (daily)
FIRST LIGHT TRAIL INFORMATION
As the sun goes up and the early morning paddle crosses the seascape, you’ll feel like the only person on the ocean, indeed a unique and authentic experience. As we head towards the breath-taking rock formations, locally known as ‘The Nuggets’, your knowledgeable guide will search for interesting and endangered wildlife to observe. The curious but playful fur seal could swim over to say hello. You may catch a glimpse of the yellow-eyed penguin or a visit from the albatross soaring in close searching for food. Once the sun is high in the sky, we’ll return to our historical launching bay. Trail time is a two-hour experience.
*Departure time is dependent on the season. Departure between 5am and 7am. Return between 7am and 9am.
- All necessary kayaking equipment.
- Paddle jacket
- Spray skirt
- Wear warm, lightweight clothing according to the conditions on the day.
- Water bottle.
- Comfortable footwear.
- Waterproof camera if you have one.
- 5-14 year olds must share a kayak with a capable adult.
- The ability to swim is required.
- Maximum weight limit is 120kg.
- Two Hours including a short safety brief
- Departure time is dependent on the season. Departure will be between 5am and 7am. Return time will be between 7am and 9am. This will be confirmed upon booking.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your departure time
- Year round